Bishop Rawstorne C of E Academy
Who we are?
The Red Rose Alliance was formed in April 2016, creating a central Lancashire based alliance - all passionate about training tomorrow's teachers. This is a unique model created to enhance capacity in order to maximise school improvement outcomes.
The Red Rose Alliance is committed to ensuring the highest standards of teaching, learning and assessment. We pledge to drive significant improvements in the quality of professional practice in all our associated schools. Through dynamic partnerships, the Alliance remains dedicated to supporting all schools and to driving forward changes that both raise standards and create the best possible outcomes for every child.
The Red Rose Alliance aims to play a fundamental role in developing a self-sustaining system where:
- trainee teachers learn from the best teachers, supported by a culture of coaching and mentoring
- professional development is school-based and classroom focused – teachers, support staff and leaders improve through exposure to excellent practice within and beyond their immediate school, through CPD, observation, mentoring, coaching, practice, reflection and sharing with peers
- talent development and distributed leadership are the norm – staff demonstrating potential are encouraged to lead and are given structured and stretching opportunities to grow and develop
- leaders have local knowledge and can identify where key resources and expertise lie
As well as offering training and support, our Alliance will identify and co-ordinate expertise in partner schools, using the best leaders and teachers to:
- lead the development of ITT through our School Direct programme
- lead and collaborate in peer-to-peer professional and leadership development (continuing professional development)
- identify and develop leadership potential (succession planning and talent management)
- work as a collegiate with other schools
- engage in research and development activity